Friday, April 18, 2008

The Outcast

I feel like an outcast in this big world of diversity of cultures. I listen to all types of music so no one can place me on any category. Some people say that I am weird. For an example, when I was young or in my early teenage years, my friends would come over and watch TV with me. During that time MTV was a big hit. Well it was in the 80s and MTV was awesome. I knew every song and every video. Although I am an African American my favorite group at that time was Duran Duran, Journey, Huey Lewis and the News, The Pet Shop Boys, Metalica, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi and many more. Of course I did like the others, Prince (My favorite of all time) Michael Jackson. Kool and the Gang, The Gap Band, Fleetwood Mac, ZZ Top, Ronnie Milsap and much much more. I should have been a DJ that would have been my dream job. I know my true calling and it is movie production. The weird ones will always have the upper hand in art. We are always creating things and using our wild imagination. At first I thought it was a curse but now I know it is a blessing. I have been teased all of my life about this problem but I am the one with the last laugh. No matter what the outcome will be in my future I will come out on top. I think everyone has that chance in life. Everyone can reach their goals. All we have to do is believe in ourselves. At one time I almost lost that belief. It almost took my dreams away again but this time I will not let my dreams fall by the way side.

No comments: